Making Dante's Dream come true.

21 Feb 2013

Renaissance at last!


Hey guys! Our dear photographer Roberto posted his pics last week and The Seamstress of Rohan and I also went to our little special spot in the woods to take some more pics by ourselves before I moved to the UK. I'm leaving you some pics here but you know they're uploaded in my galleries as usual.



Yes, I wanted to be Lucrezia Borgia so bad! Notice the drinking cup...maybe poisoned?




This one is by Iris Wenskowski, Roberto's assistant, who is also learning from him.


Here you can see a bit more in detail the sleeves and everything. I'm very happy with this dress, more than I normally am! So yay, learning how to sew better stuff ^^

In other news, I'm great here in northern England. My flatmates are the loveliest and uni is awesome. I'm very busy with the literature subjects but I think I'll manage. Just ordered some fabrics here to take with me to Mallorca during the Spring break so I can sew a bit there. When I'm back, I'm taking the dresses I couldn't bring (because of the weight restrictions) the first time I came. So yay, everything is fine, but I won't be posting about sewing in a while!

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, your costumes and photos are so inspiring! I love that you are recreating Pre-Raphaelite pictures! I am so jealous of all your dresses! I am learning to sew, and I want to spend my life swanning around in Victorian dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Oh thank you, I'm so glad you like it :) The Pre-Raphaelites are a never ending source of inspiration to me (and to many others) so I hope I can do this for many years! Oh don't be jealous, I'm not a trained seamstress, you'll be able to make dresses like mine and better in little time if you practise :D

      Delete
  2. This is sooo gorgeous! I might have written it before, but the sleeves' fabric is just perfect! I knew it would turn out well ;) And the first pic is breathtaking! It could easily be a movie poster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, very glad you like the result :) There are more pics in deviantart and flickr if you are interested xx

      Delete
    2. Just checked them out - absolutely stunning! Your clothes really match the place where the photoshoot took place. And daarn, envy your hair soo much! It's perfect for each and every fashion history period you portay!

      Delete